Our environmental programmes help our customers improve the energy efficiency of their office spaces and implement sustainable values in their corporate culture.
Energy efficiency programme
The aim of the scheme is to achieve energy savings and reduce the carbon footprint of properties in co-operation with property users. An energy efficiency goal for 2030 has been determined for each property. We are undertaking the following actions, among other things, to achieve the goals:
- Monitoring the property’s energy consumption and intervening in changes in consumption by utilising technology and smart solutions.
- Assessing the opportunities for making the property’s use of energy more efficient with regular energy reviews.
- Implementing actions to improve energy efficiency.
- Improving the property’s energy efficiency in renovation and refurbishment projects.
- Utilising locally produced renewable energy, if possible.
- Taking into account energy efficiency as part of all services purchased for properties.
- Communicating about the property’s energy consumption and the realisation of the energy efficiency goal to the property’s users through the property’s extranet, for example.
Environmental partnership programme
Up to 84% of our customers think that energy efficiency actions in their office space are important for their company. Our environmental partnership programme aims to reduce the property’s environmental load by developing our customers’ ways of working.
- In addition to energy consumption, the programme takes into account the broader environmental impact of customers’ operations, such as material efficiency, water consumption and factors related to the comfort of the indoor environment.
- Customers learn to implement the guidelines and sustainable ways of working in their own corporate culture through facility solutions that promote sustainable practices.
- Communicating the environmental efficiency of the property is also a part of environmental partnership. Customers have access to sustainability data that they can use to communicate their environmental actions to their stakeholders.
- The partnership methods are agreed upon individually with each customer to ensure that they best support the company’s own sustainability goals.
Environmental coordinator service
According to research, companies most value functional waste management in the sustainability of an office property.
- The aim of the service organised by Lassila & Tikanoja is to develop the property’s waste management and guidelines for tenants. The environmental coordinator goes through the details of sorting in practice with all of the companies operating in the property.
- This significantly improves the property’s rate of waste recycling and material efficiency. In addition to environmental benefits, sorting has increased financial significance because of the increase in the price of mixed waste.
- More than half of the waste generated at our properties is currently recycled and reused, and the recycling rate has increased every year. The remaining waste is utilised fully in energy production.